$61.00 Per Ton for Material Only - Please Call 877-891-2476 for Freight Quote
RedField infield topdressing is a “red” scoria lava which is actually maroon in color and specifically sized for use on skinned infields. Scoria is a vesicular “bubbly” lava which is porous by nature due to the escape of gasses that are trapped during the cooling process. RedField is less abrasive than crushed brick or tile. The reddish color is naturally derived due to oxidation and resists fading.
For use in skinned areas of baseball and softball fields as topdressing and conditioner to accomplish the
· Reduce compaction and crusting caused by hardening of clays, silt and limestone due to natural weathering elements and traffic..
- Allow for drainage of excess water yet holding desired amounts of moisture in the vesicular pores of the aggregate to keep dust under control.
- Darken the color of skinned areas without the use of artificially dyed materials to provide a color contrast with the ball that will not fade..
- Include in the original “infield mix” during construction
For topdressing and conditioning of existing fields:
· When applying over 1/4”, nail drag or till three fourths of material to be used into the top 2-3 inches of the soil profile of skinned area until thoroughly mixed. Apply remaining one-fourth of material to the surface and mat or broom drag until evenly disbursed.
- When applying less than 1/4”, apply to skinned area and mat or broom drag until evenly disbursed.
For installation of new skinned areas:
· Include as 10% of the overall composition of sand in the mix.
- Slope is the most important factor for proper drainage. Always make sure slope of infield is correct before applying.
- AVAILABLE PER TON